Friday, February 20, 2009

I´m off once again!

I thought I would write again today, as I probably won´t have internet access until next weekend. Today I had my meeting with Luis (my ASVO advisor) and he gave me the instructions for getting to my posting in Zapotal. I will have to get up early tomorrow to catch the 7am bus to a town called Miramar which should take around 3-4 hours. Once I arrive in Miramar, I will unfortunately have to wait for about 4 hours until my second bus comes taking me to my final stop, and where my host family will meet me....It´s gonna be a long day. After my meeting with Luis I went to the bank which was an interesting experience, however despite my lame-o attempts to speak spanish I got what I came for and left. Then I went to the grocery store, or "supermercado" and bought a calling card which I later found out was only good for about 4 minutes of talk time. However, I was able to call my parents, who thankfully were able to call me back and we spoke for a while which was really great. Well, that about sums up my last day in San Jose. I am off to bed early now, so wish me luck on my great bus journey, and I will hopefully be able to blog again next weekend!
Amira

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear about the bus trip and the long wait in Miramar. Did you milk any cows today?

    ReplyDelete