Friday, February 20, 2009

I finally made it!

Well, after more than 10 hours of travelling I finally made it to Costa Rica!
I don´t have too much to report yet, because I was picked up from the airport at 9:30pm by ASVO (the organization I am volunteering with) and went straight to bed. The hostel I am staying at is very nice, and the family that runs it has been really helpful, although it is hard to communicate other than just the basics. This morning I am supposed to have a meeting with one of my ASVO advisors, and he is going to help me go to the bank, and buy a phone card. He is also going to give me instructions on how to get to Zapotal, which is where my first volunteer posting is. I am hoping that it won´t be too confusing how to get there- will keep you posted.
So far the weather is really nice, I am not sure what the temp is, but there is a nice cool breeze where I am sitting at the computer. Hopefully, it won´t be too hot tomorrow when I have to do some more travelling. Anyway, that is really all I have to tell at the moment. I will try to blog again tomorrow before I leave, with some more details!

1 comment:

  1. So glad that you arrived safe and sound. Have an awesome trip to Zapotal. Apparently cows give more milk if you give them names!!

    ReplyDelete