Friday, March 20, 2009

1 month down, 1 more to go!

It has felt like non-stop fiestas since I last wrote!
This past weekend was back-to-back parties. The first was at a lodge nearby called "Colinas Verdes" which is situated on a nice hill, with a very pretty view. I am not really sure what the party was for, but it had all of the staples of a Tico fiesta: lots of food, music, and dancing. I met a few english speaking people there, which was nice since the only times I can speak english is when I called home once a week! The next day was a fiesta in Cedral (again I am not sure what it was
for?). It was a fun party with lots of dancing, I danced with Betty & Chichi a lot- although I did meet several bizarre characters... One man was in his 70's, and completely drunk. He would lean up against a support beam and fall asleep for a minute, then a moment later he would wake-up and start dancing again like a maniac. It was a pretty hilarious sight to behold! (The photo above is from the drive down to Miramar today)

The newest development in Zapotal is that this past Tueday a new volunteer arrived. So now I have a roomate, her name is Ursula and she is from Germany. It is nice to finally have some company up in my little attic. We are also expecting two more volunteers on Tuesday, both girls. So the house will be full of chicas! This past week has been pretty much the usual farm routine, except that we did quite a bit of painting in the little school close to the house. This weekend we will be doing lots of preparation for the follwing weekend; next weekend is a big motocross race up here, and supposedly a lot of people come up to watch the event.

Sorry for the short post, but we arrived really late to Miramar today, so I don't have much time on the internet. Will write again soon!
xoxo Amira
P.S Sorry for only one picture, I am having some technical difficulties today! Will try and post more pictures next time.






2 comments:

  1. Hey Amira
    Sounds like you have seen & met some very interesting people (the 70 year old drunk man sounds entertaining). Is it one big fiesta after another!? It sounds like a lot of fun and I hope you enjoy your new roommate. How is the bruise healing? We are enjoying your blog!
    Love Allan and Carolyn and J,,J & C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys!
    Yes I have seen a lot of interesting things indeed. It was starting to feel like one fiesta after another while in Zapotal, these Costa Ricans like to party! My bruise is healing nicely, my roommate gave me this cream to put on it which basically cleared the whole thing up. I am glad you guys are enjoying the blog, I have a lot of fun with it! I hope you are all doing well.
    xoxo Amira

    ReplyDelete